Monday, March 24, 2008

Learned

"Think of me what you will, I gotta little space to fill"

That quote is from a song by Tom Petty. Why is it sitting at the top of this post? Because I felt it was appropriate, given both my life, and the life of my very good friend, Krista . Life is hard. For some of us, it tends to be just a smidge harder for a longer stretch than for others. While that statement is true, it's also not meant as a declaration of competition.

What it is meant to do is remind the readers of these blogs, a public display of personal expression. As the saying goes.. "until you have walked a mile in my shoes, don't judge me." Now, while I'm writing this, and you are reading this, I realize that is both unrealistic and impossible. We all judge, a tiny bit, be it "oh, that sentence could have been better" or "God, what was she thinking?" as decent human beings, it is our job to strive to UNDERSTAND, and not condemn.

With that, I will end with another quote of the song.

"So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint. Let's head on down the road, there's somewhere I gotta go. You don't know how it feels. No, you don't know how it feels to be me."

No comments: